Sunday, July 20, 2008

Immoral

Get to know some “bad” news recently that caught me real wonder. Friend involved in a not so healthy relationship, and that’s what we called third party.

All the while I am not a strong believer of marriage.
I don’t believe the promise that made in front of god.
I don’t believe in forever as I am too old to believe the fantasy.
I wonder whether “loyalty” still exists in this world that full of seduction or temptation.

All these incidents proof that what I don’t believe in are somehow accurate at some points.

She told me she is not a young girl who got cheated or being fools by married man. She knows it well what is she doing and what is she looking for. She doesn’t ask for forever or to demand any promise from him. She is looking for what she feels happy at this current period and it obviously sounds selfish. She said we all human are selfish when come to own feelings and I don’t deny that. I know her pretty well, she always a strong and smart woman who knows what she wants in life. Morally, she knows clearly that she do wrong but mentally she need someone to be there and he looks right for her at this time.

I keep myself thinking for the whole conversation. I understand well that she told me bout it is not to ask my opinion about the relationship but she thinks I should know what’s going on in her life. She knows it well what is wrong and I don’t think she need more comments about it. She made decision to choose this path, and both of us clearly know this relationship doesn’t lead to anywhere. As a close friend of hers, probably you think I should stop her or say something. But I know her pretty well, she doesn’t need all those from me. I am not saying that I am being supportive with her in this relationship or being opposed to it. I keep myself neutral and when she finally makes her final move, she will always know where to look for me. I’ve always amazed with her recovery status, that’s why I never worried bout her.

I clearly understand that being selfish at our own always hurts innocent people. I am wondering how many couples out there who sworn on their vow are really mean what they swear. Or the vow it just a formality procedure for the process. I am confused. Why force yourself to swear on the vow and you clearly understand that you don’t mean it. Caught in this situation, morally we all know its wrong its hell and its bad but we just can’t resist to say no. Thousand of excuses are given just to feel better for all the guilt. But we all clearly understand that it never help and it hurts more.

Towards the years, meaning of marriage got faded and I think I have my own valid reason not to believe in it.

Souless sign off

No comments: